Birth, Body & Beyond online classes include:
- 5 x 60 minute online Pilates sessions through Zoom
- Birth affirmation PDF
- A 30 minute one to one zoom session to go through deep screening, your personal goals and personalised steps you can take to help achieve this
- Nutrition and wellness pack for the fourth trimester
- Digital “goody bag” including video interviews with a midwife, nutritionist, Women’s Health Osteopath and Women’s Health Physio
- Access to hypnobirthing tracks
- A 10% discount from my online hypnobirthing course
Your investment is £98 for all of this invaluable learning and access to safe and enjoyable pregnancy exercise.
When you join the class you will need to purchase an equipment bundle, which is currently sold at cost, including: a spiky massage ball, a theraband and a “magic” fascial release ball for £12 (usually £25 for the bundle)
Every pregnancy is unique and miraculous! This online course is about more than “just” Pilates. As a doula and hypnobirthing teacher, I will support you through your pregnancy; through the physical changes and any challenges you may face in both body and mind. Preparing for a positive pregnancy, birth experience and postnatal recovery is so important for every woman and I want to give you the tools to make that a reality
As well as my extensive pregnancy Pilates and exercise training, I am qualified as a pregnancy yoga teacher, have attended an Active Birth course with Janet Balaskas, trained as a hypnobirthing teacher and a birth & postnatal doula, all of which have both influenced my style of teaching and mean the classes will assist you with positions for labour, birth preparation and breathing techniques. Using restorative Pilates and yoga based movement, my prenatal Pilates and birth preparation programmes are structured to:
- address postural changes and demands throughout each trimester
- help you to maintain strength
- connect you to your breath,
- relieve tension
- create awareness of your pelvic floor and abdominals
- prepare your body and mind for your birthing experience and beyond and help to focus you on a positive birth experience
- start at 13 weeks for new clients
- work with you to set a foundation in deep abdominal strength to support your baby
- continue with right up until the birth
- adapt as your pregnancy progresses and the focus of classes will change as the birth approaches
I have experience in successfully working with a range of pregnancy related conditions including:
- Diastasis Recti
- pelvic floor dysfunction including prolapse
- Pelvic Girdle Pain
- back and neck problems
- carpal tunnel syndrome.
Pilates is beneficial before and after all types of birth and I will support you in whatever direction you take. During the relaxation element of the class, we will use hypnobirthing techniques to help prepare you mentally for your birth, whatever direction that may take. I create an inclusive and non-judgmental environment where the priority is to prepare for a positive pregnancy and birth experience.
I absolutely love working with women at this wonderful time and I am committed and passionate about giving you the tools for a healthy pregnancy, birth and beyond!
Monday 7.15pm FULLY BOOKED join the waiting list here
Saturday 9.30am BOOK NOW
When can I start Pregnancy Pilates classes?
You can start at any point after 13 weeks – it’s never too late! I have worked with clients until the day they gave birth (one lady called me the baby whisperer as she went into labour on the day of her Pilates class with 2 pregnancies!)
What do I need to wear?
Anything that you feel comfortable in! As long as you can move easily it doesn’t matter what you are wearing. Sometimes it is worth bringing layers as you might warm up throughout the class!
How many people will be in the class?
Pregnancy classes have a maximum of 10 mums booked in so I can make sure you get plenty of individual tuition.
Do I have to sign up to a block of classes?
I only take block bookings because I believe this is the best way to ensure you really see the benefit of the sessions. I don’t take drop ins because I want to fully screen you, get to know your body and make sure that you get the most out of the classes.
What shall I bring?
An exercise mat and some water. I will provide lots of other equipment.
Is there parking at the venue?
Yes St Michael’s Memorial Hall has a large car park. Please be aware there is another class straight after and bear that in mind when parking!
Can all pregnant women attend these classes?
I will screen you fully before you come along to the sessions and some medical conditions mean I may request consent from your doctor or midwife before you come to the class to ensure the safety of you and your baby. In very rare circumstances, your doctor may advise you not to exercise during your pregnancy, if that is the case these classes will not be suitable for you.